This post may contain compensated links. Find more info in my disclosure.
If you’re looking for the best RV parks near Yellowstone National Park, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve compiled a list of the best parks with close proximity to the park, so you can make the most of your vacation. Whether you’re near the north, south, east, or west entrance of Yellowstone, we have an RV park perfect for you on your road trip to Yellowstone.
Check campground websites before going as opening and closing dates can change from year to year. And if at all possible, make a reservation to ensure your spot – these places fill up quickly.
While I cover a lot of the official RV Parks near Yellowstone in this post, many National Forests and other campgrounds allow RVs, but may or may not have hook-ups. We especially love these campgrounds near the North Entrance to Yellowstone.
If you need help planning your Yellowstone vacation, make sure to check out my itineraries and guidebooks.
For the best lodging near Yellowstone, see this post.
- Best RV Parks Near the North Entrance of Yellowstone (Gardiner)
- Best RV Parks Near the West Entrance of Yellowstone (West Yellowstone)
- Yellowstone Grizzly RV Park & Cabins
- Hideaway RV Park
- Buffalo Crossing RV Park
- Pony Express RV Park
- Yellowstone Park / West Gate KOA
- Yellowstone Park / Mountainside KOA (formerly Lionshead RV Park and Campground)
- Fox Den RV and Campground
- Yellowstone Cabins and RV Park
- Madison Arm Resort
- Yellowstone Holiday RV and Campground
- Best RV Parks Near the West Entrance of Yellowstone (Island Park)
- Best RV Parks Near the East Entrance of Yellowstone (Cody)
- Best RV Parks Near the South Entrance of Yellowstone (Grand Teton National Park)
Best RV Parks Near the North Entrance of Yellowstone (Gardiner)
If you’re coming from Bozeman or Billings, the north entrance of Yellowstone is the closest option. And there are a few great RV parks to choose from in Gardiner, Montana.
Yellowstone RV Park
The Yellowstone RV Park overlooks the Yellowstone River and offers stunning mountain views.
- Location: 1 mile from the North Entrance of Yellowstone National Park
- Sites: 46
- Amenities: Pull-thru & back-in sites, free cable TV, clean showers and laundry facility, up to 6 people for the same rate, free Wifi Access, electric, sewer, and water hookups, spacious pull-thru sites for the largest rigs.
- Open Dates: May – October.
Rocky Mountain RV Park + Cabins
Rocky Mountain RV Park is so close to Yellowstone that it’s practically inside the park. Situated among gorgeous mountains with the Yellowstone and Gardner Rivers running into the valley, Rocky Mountain RV Park and Lodging offer perspectives that are unmatched.
- Location: 4 blocks from Yellowstone and in Gardiner, MT
- Sites: 70 RV sites with full hook-ups
- Amenities: Pull-thru & back-in sites, cabins, free cable TV in deluxe sites, clean showers and laundry facility, free Wifi Access, miniature golf, general store, campfire area
- Open Dates: May – October.
Yellowstone Destinations Campground / Yellowstone Hot Springs
Formerly LaDuke Springs Campground this RV park with hot springs puts you close to all the fun things to do in Yellowstone. Plan to see lots of wildlife on the surrounding hillsides and rafts floating down the Yellowstone River.
- Location: 8 miles from Gardiner and Yellowstone’s North Entrance
- Sites: 16 RV sites, some electric-only, some full hook-ups
- Amenities: Pull-thru & back-in sites, port-a-potties, shower house at adjacent hot springs, potable water provided, WifI pavilion
(Currently CLOSED due to infrastructure damage from the June 2022 floods.)
This is a smaller campground located in Yellowstone National Park on the bend of the road leading to Mammoth Hot Springs. This is the only year-round campground in the park. There are lots of animals in the vicinity and it’s within easy distance of fishing, hiking, and touring around the Mammoth Terraces.
- Location: Mammoth Hot Springs, Yellowstone National Park
- Tent sites: 85 total non-electric for tents or RVs
- RV sites: 85 total non-electric for tents or RVs
- Amenities: flush toilets, sinks with water, potable drinking water
Here’s more about camping near Yellowstone in or near Gardiner.
Best RV Parks Near the West Entrance of Yellowstone (West Yellowstone)
If you’re coming from Salt Lake City, Idaho Falls, or Bozeman, the West Entrance of Yellowstone is the best option.
Staying in West Yellowstone allows for relatively quick access to highlights in Yellowstone. It’s the most central location for those wanting to see all of Yellowstone, but stay outside the park.
There are so many RV parks to choose from near West Yellowstone, Montana.
Yellowstone Grizzly RV Park & Cabins
This RV park is family-owned and operated and just minutes from the West Entrance of Yellowstone. They offer full hookups for your RV as well as free WiFi and cable TV. You can also rent one of their cabins if you don’t have an RV.
- Location: West entrance to Yellowstone National Park
- Sites: 83 full hookup RV sites
- Amenities: Pull-thru & back-in sites, clean bathrooms with free showers, laundry facilities, cabins for rent, WiFi and cable TV
- Open Dates: Mid-May to early October
Hideaway RV Park
Buffalo Crossing RV Park
The newest RV Park in West Yellowstone is also the closest campground to the West Entrance of Yellowstone National Park. You’ll be able to walk to all of West Yellowstone’s wonderful shopping and dining since you’re only a few hundred feet away from it.
Each RV site is generously sized to accommodate even the biggest Class A motorhomes with pull-through or back-in capabilities.
- Location: West Yellowstone
- Sites: 25 full hook-up, pull through and back-in sites
- Amenities: All sites include 20/30/50 AMP electric, water, sewer, and WiFi. The area’s biggest gift shop, wildlife attraction, and movie theatre are all just steps away. Showers, bathrooms, and laundry are sparkling clean. Pet-friendly.
- Open Dates: spring – fall
Pony Express RV Park
The campground is located a few blocks from the West Entrance and across the street from Yellowstone National Park. For individuals wanting to find the ideal location to park their RV while seeing the sights, it provides excellent accessibility.
- Location: West Yellowstone, Montana
- Sites: The area has nine 35-foot spots to accommodate larger vehicles and seven 24-foot spots for smaller campers, all with full hookups for water, sewer, and electricity. The 35-foot sites include services for five 50-amp systems and four 30-amp systems. All the 24-foot sites have accommodations for 30-amp systems, except for one, which has 50-amp service.
- Amenities: Coin laundry, free shower facilities, complimentary WiFi, cable TV
- Open Dates: Year round
Yellowstone Park / West Gate KOA
If you’re looking for a breathtaking, magical place to find peace and relaxation while still getting a sense of wonder and discovery, look no further than this pine-shaded national park site. With tons of activities nearby, like horseback riding, fly-fishing, and whitewater rafting nearby, and nightly events such as an Old West Rodeo show and screenings at the Yellowstone Giant Screen Theatre, there’s certainly never a dull moment.
And after all that excitement (or if you just need some downtime), come back to camp and take a dip in the refreshing indoor pool before enjoying some good eats like breakfast pancakes or “Almost Famous” ribs for dinner. End your meal on a sweet note with homemade fudge that’ll melt in your mouth.
- Location: 6 miles from West Yellowstone and the West Entrance to Yellowstone.
- Sites: 250+ RV sites, cabins, tent sites
- Amenities: 50 Max Amp, 77′ Max Length, Wi-Fi, Cable TV, Pool (5/23 – 9/10), Snack Bar ($), Propane ($), Kamping Kitchen, Mini Golf ($), Firewood ($), Pavilion, Bike Rentals ($), KampK9®, Fire Rings at each site, Heated Indoor Pool, Laundry Room, Lounge Area
- Open Dates: May 22 to October 1
Yellowstone Park / Mountainside KOA (formerly Lionshead RV Park and Campground)
Just 7.5 miles down the highway from this KOA sits Yellowstone National Park, one of America’s most gorgeous places. Stunning views of the Continental Divide and Yellowstone will take your breath away, but don’t forget to also appreciate the natural beauty right in front of you at the campground. With meandering mountain streams, fishing ponds and grand old-growth lodgepole pine trees, there’s plenty to explore right here too!
Mountainside KOA is home to some of the area’s longest and widest Pull-Thru RV Sites, as well as Camping Cabins that are perfectly nestled among aspen and willow trees. From the campground, you can explore Gallatin National Forest through hiking and four-wheeler trails. Plus, there’s no shortage of things to see in terms of wildlife – think moose, elk, bison, and more. The campground is also a great place for groups due its indoor and outdoor pavilions!
- Location: 7.5 miles from West Yellowstone and the West Entrance to Yellowstone.
- Sites: 150+ RV sites, cabins, tent sites, Max pull-through is 110 feet.
- Amenities: 50 Max Amp, 110′ Max Length, Wi-Fi, Cable TV ($), Snack Bar ($), Propane ($), Fishing, Firewood($), Pavilion, Tour Shuttle, KampK9®, Access to National Forest Trails and ATV Trails, Fire Rings at each site.
- Open Dates: May 18 to October 1
Fox Den RV and Campground
The Fox Den is a standout among in West Yellowstone RV Parks. It is West Yellowstone’s most charming and efficient full-service RV camping, tenting, and cabin lodging, and it is family-owned and managed. Large shaded pull-thrus with up to 50 amps and large, level RV back-in sites with up to 30 amps offer complete hookup service and can accommodate RVs with slideouts and awnings.
RV sites, tent sites and cabins are surrounded by majestic spruce and pine trees. First class restrooms with hot showers are available at no extra charge. The meticulously maintained campground is located in a secluded wooded area with grassy surroundings, only 9 blocks from Yellowstone National Park’s West Entrance.
- Location: West Yellowstone
- Sites: 49 Back-in, Pull-through, tent sites, glamping tents, and cabins.
- Amenities: E-bikes/E-scooters, kayaks, flat topped griddles, and bear spray available for rent. sewer, power, and water hook ups. Pet/Kid and Family Friendly, Onsite Showers and Restrooms, Onsite Laundry Facilities, Free WiFi
- Open Dates: May 1 – October 1
Yellowstone Cabins and RV Park
Yellowstone Cabins and RV Park is just what the name describes – cabins from vintage motel rooms and a few RV sites.
The RV park features a community picnic and grill area with gas grills and picnic tables, restrooms with showers, sewer, water, 30/50 amp power hookups and free Wifi in common area with 6 back-in sites that can accommodate RVs up to 40′ – 50′ in length. (Sites vary). The town of West Yellowstone is not that big, so all of our grocery stores, gift shops, fly shops and restaurants are within walking distance.
- Location: West Yellowstone
- Sites: 6 back in sites
- Amenities: Small, community picnic and grill area with gas grills and picnic tables, restrooms with showers, sewer, water, 30/50 amp power hookups, gravel pads, and free Wifi in the common area.
- Open Dates: May 14th through the end of September
Madison Arm Resort
Madison Arm Resort offers perfect summer camping on the edge of Hebgen Lake. The facilities include RV sites, tent campsites, cabins among pine trees, wildlife, and mountain vistas. There are lots of activities… boating, fishing, and swimming.
Hebgen Lake has abundant trout fishing and the resort has marina facilities that include boat and motor rentals, canoes, kayaks, a launch ramp, docking, and fuel. Boat slips are equipped with convenience outlets to allow charging of your electric trolling motor battery.
- Location: 20 minutes from West Yellowstone on Hebgen Lake.
- Sites: Madison Arm Resort has complete RV hook-ups with 30, & 20 amp electrical connections, water and sewer hook-ups. There are a few pull-through sites. Some sites haveno hook-ups for those are self contained. The maximum RV length is 36 feet.
- Amenities: The on-site convenience store has groceries, mail drop off, RV & camping supplies, propane, firewood, gifts and souvenirs — all at very affordable prices. WiFi is available.
- Open Dates: May 15th to October 1st
Yellowstone Holiday RV and Campground
Yellowstone Holiday RV Campground & Marina is located on the north shore of beautiful Hebgen Lake Montana. All accommodations are a short walk to the lakeshore. The smaller size of the resort allows for quiet and more privacy.
- Location: 15 minutes from West Yellowstone on Hebgen Lake
- Sites: 36 big-rig RV sites and 16 cabins
- Amenities: full hookups (electric 20/30/50 amp, water, sewer), small general store, bathroom and shower facilities, laundry, modem data port desk and a camper kitchen. The on-site marina provides a launch ramp, boat slips, propane and fuel. They rent fishing boats, kayaks, canoes, stand up paddleboards, and a 22’ Pontoon boat (seats 10), and also sell fishing licenses. Volleyball, tetherball and horseshoe area, barbecues and fire pits, a swimming beach, and shoreline fishing.
- Open Dates: May 15th through the end of September (weather permitting)
Best RV Parks Near the West Entrance of Yellowstone (Island Park)
Many people choose to visit Island Park in Eastern Idaho because it is near Yellowstone National Park. While Yellowstone is exciting, the surrounding area of Idaho is gorgeous and full of opportunities for various activities.
Depending on where you are in Island Park, a trip to Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks takes between 30 minutes and two hours.
Most RV campgrounds in this article are on or near the Henry’s Fork of the Snake River or on a lake. Fishing, floating, and ATV/UTV riding is possible from almost every campground.
Henry’s Lake State Park
Fishing is one of the most popular outdoor sports in Island Park and Henry’s Lake is a great place to do it. Anglers flock to this region because it boasts one of the best fisheries in the West. There are additional activities such as hikes and biking trails, kayak rentals, a Junior Ranger program, and fantastic stargazing opportunities available.
- Location: 15 miles west of Yellowstone National Park’s West Entrance off Highway 20.
- Sites: 83 serviced sites, 3 cabins (one ADA), 3 designated ADA campsites.
- Amenities: Boat ramp, accessible, dump station, electric and full hookups, picnic tables, vault and flush toilets, showers, drinking water.
- Open Dates: Thursday before Memorial Day – October 31st, weather permitting.
Valley View RV Park and Campground
This is the closest RV park to the west entrance of Yellowstone – in Idaho. It’s also near Henry’s Lake State Park and has a gas station and convenience store on site.
- Location: 15 miles west of Yellowstone National Park’s West Entrance.
- Sites: 78
- Amenities: Laundromat, rec room, wifi, big-rig friendly, 30 and 50 amp at every site.
- Open Dates: Mid-May – September.
Red Rock RV Park
If you are hoping to find a peaceful RV park near Yellowstone, this is the one for you. It is located away from the busyness of the highway and next to a forest. Furthermore, it is close to Henry’s Lake and Yellowstone National Park if you’re looking for fun activities nearby.
- Location: South of Henry’s Lake State Park.
- Sites: 90
- Amenities: Laundry, playground, full hookups (20/30/50 amp), large pull-through sites, wifi, games, ATV/UTV trails.
- Open Dates: Mid-May – September.
Yellowstone RV Park at Mack’s Inn
Yellowstone RV Park is not only surrounded by a forest of pine trees, making it feel as though you’re in the woods, but it’s also situated near Highway 20 and Mack’s Inn (hotel, restaurants, raft/kayak rental). The sites are much roomier than most other places too.
- Location: At Mack’s Inn.
- Sites: 70
- Amenities: Laundry, showers, full hookups (20/30/50 amp), wifi, playground, outdoor games, ATV/UTV trails.
- Open Dates: Late May – September
There are many Forest Service campgrounds in Island Park, some of which have electric hookups and others that are better for dry camping.
Best RV Parks Near the East Entrance of Yellowstone (Cody)
If you’re coming from Sheridan or Gillette, the east entrance of Yellowstone is the best option. And there are a few great RV parks to choose from in Cody, Wyoming.
Cody is about an hour from the East Entrance to Yellowstone and from there it’s a bit of a drive to get to any of the “attractions.” Fortunately, there are lots of things to do in and around Cody if you don’t want to drive into the park every day.
Absaroka Bay RV Park
Absaroka Bay RV Park is right on Beck Lake with great views and sunsets over the Absaroka Mountains. It is within walking distance of a grocery store and is a clean, quiet campground.
- Location: Cody
- Sites: 81 pull-through and 17 back-in sites, 20/30/50 hookups
- Amenities: Free WiFi, Clean showers, Laundromat, Paved roads throughout the entire campground
- Open Dates: May 18 – Sept. 25
Buffalo Bluff RV Park
Buffalo Bluff RV Park is the newest RV park in Cody, Wyoming. It is situated on an open bluff overlooking Cody.
- Location: 5 minutes from Cody
- Sites: 43 sites
- Amenities: 60′ pull-through sites, wheelchair-accessible RV sites, free WiFi, full hook-ups, 50 amp power, online bookings, new shower suites, friendly western hospitality, and clean grounds. Individual large bathroom & shower suites with bench (ADA Compliant), dog park
- Open Dates: May to Mid-October, weather permitting.
Cody KOA Holiday
Like most KOAs, the Cody KOA has lots of fun amenities for families. The campground is well maintained and RV sites are large.
- Location: 5 minutes east of downtown Cody
- Sites: 317 RV sites, cabins, tent sites, Max pull through: 100 feet
- Amenities: Free shuttle to Cody Nite Rodeo every summer evening, free pancakes, heated pool, hot tub, and children’s wading pool. Fun Zone, with a Jumping Pillow, playground, giant chess/checkers, and corn hole. KampK9. Free Wi-Fi, laundry room, bathroom.
- Open Dates: Memorial-Labor Day Weekend
Cody Trout Ranch Camp RV and Tipi Park
Come to Cody Trout Ranch Camp-RV Park for a novel vacation experience. Rent and full hook-up RV site or a roomy tipi on the edge of the gorgeous Shoshone river.
If you love adventure, then don’t worry about dinner. You can catch your own here. Guests are welcome to fish in the river with or without a guide. And since the property is also a trout hatchery, guests can fish in our pond for free-guaranteed to reel one in!
- Location: 4 miles from Cody on the Shoshone River
- Sites: 30′ x 60′ pull-through RV sites are equipped with full hookups and picnic tables.
- Amenities: campfire pits, laundry facilities and clean bath/shower facilities, all equipment is provided for pond fishing.
- Open Dates: Mid-April through September
Buffalo Bill State Park
This Wyoming State Park is located near Cody on a reservoir. Some of the land now occupied by Buffalo Bill State Park was originally owned by Colonel William F. “Buffalo Bill” Cody and was acquired from him by the federal government to implement the reservoir project.
- Location: 9 miles west of Cody
- Sites: Lake Shore Campground has 21 reservation sites with electric (only 14 of these have water hookups). North Fork Campground has 14 RV sites, 7 with water hookups and 7 without water hookups.
- Amenities: Restrooms and shower facilities, dump station, boat ramp, boat dock, fishing, picnic tables, playgrounds, river access.
- Open Dates: May 1 – September 30: Everything Open – Water and Showers weather dependent in May and September. Office hours 7am-7pm, Park open 24 hours a day to visitors; these hours vary as well due to seasonal employee personnel availability. October – April: North Fork Campground Closed; Sheep Mountain Day Use Area Closed; Rest of park open to camping and day use, ALL water systems turned off for the winter season.
Green Creek Inn and RV Park
Enjoy quiet surroundings at this RV Park about halfway between Cody, Wyoming and the East Entrance to Yellowstone.
Green Creek Inn and RV Park is a newly remodeled motel and campground with modern amenities.
- Location: East Yellowstone Valley (Wapiti Valley) 28 miles east of Yellowstone National Park’s East Gate and 22 miles west of Cody
- Sites: Log cabin suites, motel rooms, full hookup RV sites, luxury vacation house for a large group of guests. All RV sites are full hookup with water, sewer, and electricity. Max RV length is 40 feet.
- Amenities: Free Wi-Fi, showers, bathrooms, picnic tables, pet friendly, ice machine, coin-op Laundromat
- Open Dates: Early May through the end of September
Mountain View Resort and RV
Enjoy beautiful views at this RV Park halfway between Cody, Wyoming and Yellowstone National Park. The RV park is set on a hill behind a motel/cabins and is a more rustic experience.
- Location: 25 miles west of Cody and 25 miles east of the east gate to Yellowstone.
- Sites: Cabins and 11 full hook-up RV sites
- Amenities: Summer restaurant
- Open Dates: ??
Parkway RV Campground
This is a basic RV campground near Yellowstone with all the amenities you need and quick access to Cody.
- Location: On the west end of Cody
- Sites: 25 sites, pull-through and back-in
- Amenities: Restroom and Showers, Laundry, Self-Service RV Wash, WiFi, dump station
- Open Dates: Year round
This RV Park near Yellowstone and Cody is more than a place to park your rig, it is a picturesque, country setting, with Free Wi-Fi, live entertainment, private showers, and family activities. There is an extensive gift shop, and it’s close to everything!
- Location: Cody
- Sites: full-hook-up RV sites (with free Cable TV), comfortable heated cabins, grassy tent areas, and teepees.
- Amenities: Free Wi-Fi, Live entertainment, Extensive gift shop & convenience store, Cowboy cappuccino bar, Beautiful mountain views, Walk to shops & restaurants, Rodeo shuttle bus stop, ATM right in the office, Cody Trolley Tours pick-up, River rafting pick-up, playground, Billiard table, Immaculate restrooms & free showers, Clean, modern laundry, Sanitary dump station, Well-maintained gravel roads
- Open Dates: April 15th – October 15th (or later, weather permitting)
Yellowstone Valley Inn and RV Park
Yellowstone Valley RV Park has friendly western lodging and exceptional food. The sites don’t have any trees or greenery, but there is access to lots of site amenities.
- Location: Between Yellowstone National Park’s east gate and historic Cody, Wyoming.
- Sites: Motel, lodge suites, cabins, and 60+ RV sites
- Amenities: 20/30 AMP and 30/50 AMP sites, with easy turn-around, electric, sewage, and water hookups, coin-op laundry, showers, bathrooms, Restaurant and Saloon, Alisa’s Coffee Bar, Fitness Center, Heated Pool, Hot Tub
- Open Dates: May 5 – Sept 30 (Weather Permitting)
Best RV Parks Near the South Entrance of Yellowstone (Grand Teton National Park)
If you’re coming from Jackson, Denver, or Salt Lake City, the south entrance of Yellowstone is the best option. And there are a few great RV parks to choose from near Grand Teton National Park and Yellowstone.
There are many more RV Parks in and around Jackson, Wyoming, but I am limiting this post to RV Parks near Yellowstone, so those are for another time.
Headwaters Campground at Flagg Ranch
For people who want to unplug and relax, there is no cellular or internet service at this campground, making it the ideal spot to do so. As you stroll beside Polecat Creek, commune with nature and possibly see bear, moose, mule deer, and other species. The Snake River provides plenty of cutthroat trout, brook trout, and whitefish for experienced anglers.
While none of Headwater’s campsites are on the river itself, they are all within walking distance.
- Location: Between Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks in the John D. Rockefeller, Jr. Memorial Parkway
- Sites: 34 tent sites, 97 full-hookup and pull-through RV sites, and 40 Camper Cabins
- Amenities: sewer, water, and 20-, 30-, and 50-amp electric outlets, picnic table, a fire pit with metal fire grate, access to nearby water spigots, flush toilets, complimentary shower facilities (restroom facilities are wheelchair-accessible with one fully accessible shower), and coin-operated laundry facilities. Bear-proof food storage lockers, propane is available for purchase at the campground office. Firewood, food, and ice can be purchased at the convenience store, and camping supplies, souvenirs, and more are available in the gift shop, both located in the main lodge. The main lodge also offers casual dining for breakfast, lunch, and dinner at Sheffields Restaurant and Saloon.
- Open Dates: June through the end of September
Fireside Buffalo RV Park
The Fireside Buffalo RV Park is the closest RV Park to Grand Teton National Park. The well maintained park has beautiful views of the Teton Range and it’s very quiet.
- Location: 10 minutes from the Moran Junction Entrance to Grand Teton National Park
- Sites: 197 full hook-up sites
- Amenities: Grassy areas for play, playground, onsite convenience store carries firewood, ice, last-minute meal items, RV supplies, propane refills, and great local souvenirs. There is a gas station, full service bar and liquor store open daily, clean restrooms, hot showers, and coin-operated laundromat available 24/7.
- Open Dates: ??